Recently I have been inspired to share some knowledge I’ve gained about doing my own makeup. I really started to educate myself last year, I don’t claim to be professional but I will try my best to give you my most educated advice.
- The most important thing I’ve ever heard when it comes to makeup is, not to be scared of it. It seems really intimidating at first but it is just makeup and you can wash it off.
- Learn to match foundation and powders to your neck! This makes a world of a difference and you will not have the dreaded foundation line on your jaw bone.
- Practice makes perfect! Don’t expect to master something in one night. Every night before you wash your face try out a new eye look or lip look, keep working on the look every night until you are completely satisfied with your results.
- No girl should be expected to look like a Victoria’s Secret model everyday. Most days I only wear mascara and comb my eyebrows. If I were to do my face completely made up everyday I would be breaking out all the time.
- Drugstore makeup can be just as good if not better! It took me a few months (and a pretty penny) to realize there are brands that make affordable makeup that is still insanely high quality. You don’t need to spend your whole paycheck on that new palette that came out at Sephora. If you go on YouTube there are endless reviews of drugstore makeup. Go take a look!
Thank you for reading my first post ever! I really appreciate you taking the time to hear my tips! I would like to hear from you, what is the most helpful thing you’ve ever been told about makeup? Leave your reply down below!